US Announces Plan to Distribute 55 Million Covid Vaccine Doses

Advertisement

American President Joe Biden announced to donate 500 million Covid vaccine doses to the world. The US will share the vaccines through WHO-led Covax, a global vaccine distribution initiative. Biden will donate 14 million doses to Latin America, 16 million to Asia, and 10 million to Africa. The US administration announced its vaccine distribution plan on Monday.

Advertisement

US Announces Plan to Distribute 55 Million Covid Vaccine Doses
Source: The financial express

Biden Allocates 55 Million Covid Vaccine Doses for Distribution 

Joe Biden administration has decided to donate 500 million Covid vaccine doses to the world. He announced the distribution earlier this month. However, Biden on Monday announced his distribution plans. The administration has planned out the distribution of 55 million doses first. Biden will donate all the vaccines through Covax, the WHO-led vaccine initiative. The donation will complete Washington’s initial pledge of 80 million doses from its own supply. Although, not all vaccines are going to get distributed through Covax.

What is the Distribution Plan?

Advertisement

The American President is donating 500 million doses of Pfizer’s vaccine to needy countries. He will donate the Covid vaccine doses to low and middle-income countries. It includes the countries in Africa, Latin America, and Asia. Biden will donate 75 percent of the total vaccines through Covax. And the rest 25 percent through the US deemed priorities. Biden is planning to donate 55 million doses first. He will donate 14 million vaccines to Latin America. Besides that, 10 million to Africa and 16 million to Asia.

US Announces Plan to Distribute 55 Million Covid Vaccine Doses
Source: BBC

Donating Vaccines will Ramp Up the Global Vaccination Drive 

The first two donations included the Johnson & Johnson, Pfizer, and the Moderna vaccines. There isn’t anything clear regarding the third donation. It is very important to donate these Covid vaccine doses. Wealthy countries are ramping up their vaccination drives. But the middle and low-income countries are left behind. The UK PM Boris Johnson has also announced to donate COVID-19 vaccines to the world. Only 1 percent of the global population is inoculated so far. These donations will help a lot in boosting the global vaccination drive.

Advertisement
Shiwangi Arya
Bonjour! I am Shiwangi Arya; an aspiring journalist, writer, orator, and above all a keen learner. My love for writing is beyond everything else. On the empty canvas of life, I wish to paint my imaginations. My dreams are sky high and my ambitions even higher.

Must Read

Lucifer Season 6 to Premiere on Netflix Soon, Every Important Update You Need to Know

Lucifer Season 6 to Premiere on Netflix Soon, Every Important Update...

As the release date for Lucifer Season 6 is coming near, fans’ curiosity is increasing even more. Netflix decided to wave the series a...