Panasonic is set to collaborate with Dolby Atmos and Klipsch to introduce a new innovation that gives consumers the Dolby atmos experience in their vehicles.
Klipsch® and Dolby Atmos Music are leading many of the innovative approaches to bring Dolby Atmos music to the home, on-the-go, and now, working with Panasonic Automotive to bring the Dolby Atmos experience to the road.
The partnership was announced at CES 2021 with the end product expected to be a proof-of-concept result that engages listeners into a unique and exciting experience.
Klipsch will be using many of its fundamental principles in engineering in this partnership to help deliver the finest sound possible.
One of the main principles is to provide clarity without distortion. Hence, a louder and cleaner audio can be achieved with all the details but without the distortion that is usually found when the volume knob is turned too high.
Features of Klipsch and Dolby Atmos:
- HIGH EFFICIENCY / LOW DISTORTION – Klipsch technology is highly efficient, providing a more accurate sound with less power and less distortion – resulting in louder, cleaner audio. Klipsch’s Law: Efficiency is inversely proportional to distortion.
- BALANCED SOUND – Dolby Atmos music goes beyond the limitations of mono and stereo, placing you in the center of an immersive soundscape that allows you to feel the music in a whole new way
- WIDE DYNAMIC RANGE – The softest sounds are reproduced with remarkable clarity and the loudest is delivered without harshness or distortion – with the greatest possible range between the softest and loudest sounds.
- FLAT FREQUENCY RESPONSE – Audio delivery is without frequency bias – no unnatural highs, miss or lows – reproducing recorded sound as accurately as possible without colorization.
- GREAT CLARITY – Dolby gives artists the power to unleash every detail as it was meant to be heard with unparalleled clarity – so music lovers can discover hidden subtleties with true fidelity
- CONTROLLED DIRECTIVITY – Klipsch technology accurately directs sound to the proper locations, which, in turn, creates a more lifelike soundstage without wasting acoustic energy where the sound is not needed or desired.
These principles of Klipsch in audio programming, when added with the missions of clarity and the surround sound philosophies of Dolby Atmos can constitute very promising and exciting technologies for the future.