Overlord is mind-blowing! With three seasons, the anime has blown up expectations with every new episode. So why is there no Overlord Season 4 even after two years?
Overlord tells the story of a gamer who is trapped in a DMMORPG or Dive Massively Multiplayer Online Role-Playing Game. This gamer, Momonga is stuck as his avatar, a warrior king, or ‘Overlord’. With no options left, Momonga decides to play the game and soon takes up to conquer this new world with his overwhelming powers.
So do we see Momonga or Ainz Ooal Gown finally take over this new world? Is a new season coming? Read more to find out.
And a friendly reminder. Spoilers ahead!
Overlord Season 4: Release Date
Season 3 of Overlord ended two years ago on October 2, 2018. Since then there has been no news on a new season.
But we also have good news. At the AnimagiC 2019, Germany, creator Kugane Maruyama, illustrator so-bin, and scriptwriter Yukie Sugawara were guests of honor. At the event, Sugawara said that it was “extremely likely” that Overlord Season 4 would be produced.
As of now, there is no confirmed news. With the newfound popularity the show has seen on Netflix, a new season of Overlord may be on the plates.
Cast of Overlord
Overlord Season 4 will bring back:
- Satoshi Hino/Chris Guerrero – Momonga/Ainz Ooal Gown
- Yumi Hara/Elizabeth Maxwell – Albedo
- Masayuki Katô/Jeff Johnson – Demiurge
- Sumire Uesaka/Felecia Angelle – Shalltear Bloodfallen
- Yumi Uchiyama/Megan Shipman – Mare Bello Fiore
- Emiri Kato/Jill Harris – Aura Bella Fiora
- Kenta Miyake/Bryan Massey – Cocytus
- Manami Numakura/Anastasia Munoz – Narberal Gamma
- Hiroshi Shirokuma/Ray Hurd – Gazef Stronoff
- Shigeru Chiba/Bill Jenkins – Sebas Tian
- Ryôta Ôsaka/Comona Lewis – Climb
Overlord Season 4: Potential Plot
There haven’t been many conversations about the plot of the upcoming season. But we expect Overlord Season 4 to be as exciting as the previous seasons.
One of the things fans would watch out for would be the Frost Dragons. Will they be defeated this season or not? Another thing in everyone’s minds is when Albedo would finally own up to her feelings for her master. We can just wait and find out.
And even though we see Ainz at the top as the Sorcerer King, we expect to see him getting stronger as he takes on new enemies.
These are just speculations. We can only wait for the next season to come out and find our answers.