Lenovo has launched ThinkBook Plus Gen 2 at the Consumer Electronics Show (CES) 2021. The ThinkBook Plus Gen 2 is the successor to the ThinkBook Plus that made its debut at the CES last year.
The E Ink display gives you a way to do everything from checking your calendar and notifications to taking notes with the included active pen. The display is larger for the new model, with 12 inches of the usable area compared to the 10.8-inch display on the original, and its resolution now matches the main display at 2560×1600 pixels.
Lenovo says it’s improved the performance along with the interface, and now you can run productivity apps without using the main display.
Lenovo ThinkBook Plus Gen 2 sports a lighter design, a bigger E-Ink display panel, and 11th Gen Intel Core processor.
It has also announced the new ThinkBook 13x with 11th Gen Intel Core processors and ThinkBook 14p Gen 2 and 16p Gen 2 powered by the latest generation AMD Ryzen 5000 series mobile processors and next-gen NVIDIA GeForce.
The ThinkBook Plus Gen 2 is built specifically for mobile professionals in Small and Medium Businesses (SMB). The laptop sports an aluminum body design with a dual-tone finish.
The e-Ink display on the ThinkBook Plus Gen 2 has been increased to 68 percent screen-to-body ratio compared to 48 percent on the previous model.
ThinkBook Plus 2’s Features
- The new ThinkBook Plus Gen 2 flaunts a larger 12-inch WQXGA (2560 x 1600 pixels) secondary monochromatic e-ink display with support for multi-touch and a 68% screen-to-body ratio.
- It has improved upon the e-Ink user-interface, as well, which supports the ability to run productivity apps without having to open the lid.
- The ThinkBook Plus Gen 2 weighs 1.3 kg and is 13.9mm thin, and It has a 16:10 aspect ratio and a screen-to-body ratio of 90 percent.
- The laptop also ships with a new garaged pen.
- Connectivity options include Intel Thunderbolt 4 ports, and Wi-Fi 6.
- It has a battery life of 15 hours, or up to 24 hours using solely the E Ink display
- It is powered by up to 11th Gen Intel Core i7 processor with integrated Intel UHD graphics on Unified Memory Architecture (UMA).
- The chipset is paired with up to 16GB LPDDR4x dual-channel RAM and 1TB M.2 2 PCIe Gen4 SSD.
Price and Availability
The Lenovo ThinkBook Plus Gen 2 is expected to be available sometime in the first quarter of 2021 starting at $1,549. (International pricing wasn’t announced but that’s about £1,140 or AU$2,010.)