The Department of Education is inviting parents and guardians of children, who will turn 4 years of age between January 1, 2017 and December 31, 2017, to visit government preschools and see children and teachers engaged in learning together.
Assistant Director, Early Childhood Education, Dr. Sharon B. Speir said, “Parents are invited to visit the preschools and experience the wonder of learning, an everyday occurrence in preschool. We want parents to visit and ask questions. It is our objective that parents leave feeling comfortable and confident that their child will be welcome and successful in our excellent Government Preschools. Preschool open house begins this week and concludes February 8. A list of open house dates and times are posted on the Department’s website at www.moed.bm.”
Registration for Government Preschools takes place on February 6, 7, and 8. Registration forms will be available during those dates at the preschools or can be downloaded from the government website (www.moed.bm). A copy of the birth certificate or passport is also required.
Parents are asked to drop off the completed application package at the preschool in the parish where they reside, these include St. David’s Preschool, St. George’s Preschool, Victor Scott Preschool and Lagoon Preschool.
- Lyceum Preschoolwill accept applications from residents of Smith’s Parish and Hamilton Parish.
- Devonshire Preschool will accept applications from residents of Smith’s Parish and Devonshire Parish.
- Prospect Preschool will accept applications from residents of Devonshire Parish and Pembroke Parish.
- Warwick Preschoolwill accept applications from residents of Southampton Parish who live to the east of the access roads to the Fairmont Southampton Hotel.
- Southampton Preschoolwill accept applications from residents of Sandy’s Parish who live to the east of Scaur Hill.
Families who have requested the preschool in the area of their home will be placed and then those families who have requested a preschool out of their area will be placed given available space. Parents will be notified of their child’s placement by April 2017.