COVID-19 Vaccination: India Records 86.16 Lakh New Vaccinations on Monday

Advertisement

The New COVID-19 vaccination regime rolled out in India on June 21. However, the country witnessed its maximum vaccination on Monday. PM Narendra Modi called the figures record-breaking; and expressed his gratitude to the citizens. Almost 86.16 lakh Covid vaccines were administered throughout the country on Monday. Moreover, it is so far the highest single-day coverage in India.

COVID-19 Vaccination: India Records 86.16 Lakh New Vaccinations on Monday
Source: India Today

India’s COVID-19 Vaccination Drive Set a New Record on Monday

Advertisement

The COVID-19 vaccination drive in India set a massive record on Monday. Almost 86.16 lakh vaccines were administered in the last 24 hours. On Monday, the Centre’s new inoculation guidelines rolled out across the country. The Cowin website showed; a total of 86,16,373 vaccine shots administration on June 21, 2021. PM Narendra Modi expressed his gratitude; towards the citizens and called the record-breaking figures “gladdening”.

The Prime Minister Congratulated to all the People who Got Vaccinated

PM Modi expressed his views on Monday’s COVID-19 vaccination tally. He stressed the fact that vaccines are the strongest weapons in our fight against COVID-19. Moreover, he thanked the frontline workers and the people who got vaccinated. PM Modi took to Twitter to congratulate all the people who took the vaccines. However, the Centre has started to provide free vaccines to all from June 21.

Advertisement

COVID-19 Vaccination: India Records 86.16 Lakh New Vaccinations on Monday
Source: Business Standard

Moreover, they have also taken the states’ vaccination control back. The Centre has started buying 75 per cent of the vaccines from the companies. Private hospitals can continue to buy the rest 25 per cent. All those who are willing to pay for their vaccines; can get inoculated in private hospitals. Henceforth, India entered a new COVID-19 vaccination phase on Monday.

COVID-19 Vaccination Drive in India

India’s COVID-19 vaccination drive was moving quite slow. The last spike was seen on April 2 when 42,65,157 doses were administered throughout the country. However, after the change in the government’s policy from June 21, many people came forward for vaccination. PM Modi emphasized that the new policy will give benefits to the poor, middle-class, and the nation’s youth. However, Assam has the lowest vaccination rate in the country. Moreover, the government launched an “Enhanced Covid Vaccination drive” in Assam. Under this drive, the government targets to vaccinate 3 lakh people every day for the next 10 days. Besides that, more than 10 lakh people got inoculated in Karnataka on Monday.

Advertisement
Shiwangi Arya
Bonjour! I am Shiwangi Arya; an aspiring journalist, writer, orator, and above all a keen learner. My love for writing is beyond everything else. On the empty canvas of life, I wish to paint my imaginations. My dreams are sky high and my ambitions even higher.

Must Read

Lucifer Season 6 to Premiere on Netflix Soon, Every Important Update You Need to Know

Lucifer Season 6 to Premiere on Netflix Soon, Every Important Update...

As the release date for Lucifer Season 6 is coming near, fans’ curiosity is increasing even more. Netflix decided to wave the series a...